Design | inspiration
When it comes to design inspiration, the outlets seem endless. A walk through a local boutique or a walk on the beach, a browse through Pinterest or a stroll through the local market, a ticket to a foreign country or a pass on the local bus route. The list could go on. The secret to finding inspiration in the unexpected places is simply being open to the idea that you are surrounded by it every single day. Here are my top inspirations and how they influence my design style.
01. The ocean. Crisp, clean, cool tones and feel good vibes.
02. Texture. A necessary element in any space to add dimension and contrast. It also stands out to me as an element of foreign inspiration.
03. Nature. Earth tones blended seamlessly with fresh greens and deep blues, natural elements and authentic aesthetic.
04. Ethnic. The global prints and colors give off a well-traveled kind of element. There is nothing more special than adding character, personality and a little story to a space.
05. Modern Farmhouse. Yup! I said it.
Seek out a bit of inspiration for yourself on your next walk or upcoming travels. I would love to hear what you find!